BBC News reported in the Science section that the American space agency NASA has launched a Swot satellite that will survey millions of rivers and lakes – it is believed that’s expected to transform our view of water on Earth. Swot’s going to give water heights to within about 10cm and can be used for flood modelling and water inundation studies. SWOT stands for Surface Water and Ocean Topography. The SWOT mission will take stock of Earth’s water budget and help assess climate change – more on this topic is given in the web article “NASA Mission Takes a Deep Dive Into Earth’s Surface Water“.
- Konferenca “Inovativni pristopi in tehnologije pri obvladovanju nevarnosti na hudourniških območjih” 24. maj 2023.
- Paper published in journal Urban Forestry & Urban Greening on “The size distribution metrics and kinetic energy of raindrops above and below an isolated tree canopy in urban environment”.
- Razpis za študente Vodarstva in okoljskega inženirstva na UL FGG – strokovna ekskurzija v Flandrijo, september 2023 – je zaključen z dnem 3.6.2023.
- Paper published in Journal of Hydrology and Hydromechanics on “Temporal response of urban soil water content in relation to the rainfall and throughfall dynamics in the open and below the trees”.
- Dr Klun contributed to Webinar on “Practical monitoring considerations”.