Among other calls, the EWA supports the establishment of water as a central aspect of all relevant EU policies in the future and welcomes the European Economic and Social Committee (EESC) initiative to establish a Blue Deal. The EWA is convinced that an EU Blue Deal is an important step towards good quality water resources and their sustainable management and would help to ensure equitable access for all stakeholders at all levels (countries, regions, people…). It will also guarantee the integrity of the ecosystems that deliver these resources.
- UNESCO Chair was recently approved for the period 2024 – 2028.
- Sodelavci Unesco katedre sodelovali pri TV oddaji “Slovenski vodni krog”.
- Ustanovljen Svet za vode na Ministrstvu za naravne vire in prostor, 6. februar 2024.
- Kick-off Meeting of the UCPM project BORIS2 on February 8, 2024.
- Dr Lebar and Dr Rusjan contributed to a paper in the International Journal of Disaster Risk Reduction on “Multi-risk assessment in transboundary areas: A framework for harmonized evaluation considering seismic and flood risks”.