The Council for Development prepares, coordinates, and organises public expert debates on the fundamental issues of social development, with long-term significant consequences for Slovenian society. To this end, it prepares an annuals plan of public consultations and other forms of public debates, ensures their interdisciplinary concept, appoints working groups members for their implementation and preparation of proceedings, maintains a web portal for the purpose of making publicly available documents on its work, and, if necessary, issues and conveys the conclusions of public debates to competent national authorities as well as informs the general public about them, and performs other activities related to the role of the Slovenian Academy of Sciences and Arts.
- Active contribution to the Bled Water Festival 2021.
- Active contribution to the UNESCO Webinar on “Good practices in flood and drought risk management”.
- Paper published in Acta hydrotechnica on “After 2000 Stože Landslide. Part II, Development in landslide disaster risk reduction policy in Slovenia”.
- Active participation at the International Symposium on IoT and ML for Ecosystem Restoration and Multi-Hazard Resilience (ISIM 2021).
- Paper published in Frontiers in Forest and Global Change on “How Characteristics of a Rainfall Event and the Meteorological Conditions Determine the Development of Stemflow: A Case Study of a Birch Tree”..