The Council for Development prepares, coordinates, and organises public expert debates on the fundamental issues of social development, with long-term significant consequences for Slovenian society. To this end, it prepares an annuals plan of public consultations and other forms of public debates, ensures their interdisciplinary concept, appoints working groups members for their implementation and preparation of proceedings, maintains a web portal for the purpose of making publicly available documents on its work, and, if necessary, issues and conveys the conclusions of public debates to competent national authorities as well as informs the general public about them, and performs other activities related to the role of the Slovenian Academy of Sciences and Arts.
- Two Flood Risk Management master theses defended.
- TRB MDD: Five-country Biosphere Reserve Mura-Drava-Danube (Republic of Croatia, Hungary, Republic of Serbia, Republic of Slovenia, Republic of Austria).
- Paper published in River Research and Applications on “A catalogue of the flood forecasting practices in the Danube River Basin”.
- Paper published in Sustainability on “Exploring Options for Flood Risk Management with Special Focus on Retention Reservoirs”.
- Poster contribution on “Climate Change Implications for the Flow Characteristics of Two Karst Catchments in Slovenia”.